... Flood Warning extended until Tuesday morning...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Potomac River at Shepherdstown.
* Until Tuesday morning.
* At 3 am Monday the stage was 22.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity... the maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
3 am Monday was 22.1 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact... at 22.0 feet... water approaches homes on the West Virginia
side of the river near Shepherdstown, and impacts are also observed
on the Maryland side, not just to the c&o canal towpath, but also
to roads and structures.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 21.4 feet
on Sep 29 2018.
River flood observed 2pm 8pm 2am 8am crest
location stage stg day time Mon Mon Tue Tue stg day time
Shepherdstown 15.0 22.1 Mon 3 am 20.1 18.1 16.1 14.8
Lat... Lon 3958 7781 3950 7776 3941 7770 3939 7779
3950 7789 3956 7791
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Berkeley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:59 AM EST Dec. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Baker Heights
- Berkeley Place
- Bunker Hill
- Douglas Grove
- Falling Waters
- Files Crossroad
- Goose Nest
- Grubbs Corner
- Irish Hill
- Jones Springs
- Little Georgetown
- North Mountain
- Spring Mills
- Swan Pond
- Tablers Station
- Tarico Heights
- Union Corner
- Van Clevesville
- Winebrenners Crossroad
- Wynkoop Spring