... Flood Warning extended until this evening...
the Flood Warning continues for
the cacapon river near Great Cacapon.
* Until this evening.
* At 8 am Sunday the stage was 10.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity... the maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
8 am Sunday was 11.6 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
late this afternoon.
* Impact... at 11.0 feet... Kilgore Road begins to flood.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 10.3 feet
on may 6 2017.
River flood observed 2pm 8pm 2am 8am crest
location stage stg day time sun sun Mon Mon stg day time
Great Cacapon 9.0 10.5 sun 8 am 9.5 8.5 7.4 6.5
Lat... Lon 3949 7842 3952 7840 3956 7836 3962 7832
3960 7825 3953 7830 3946 7834
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Morgan Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:43 AM EDT May. 20, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Berkeley Springs
- Burnt Factory
- Cherry Run
- Doe Gully
- Great Cacapon
- Green Ridge
- Johnsons Mill
- Morton Grove
- Mount Trimble
- New Hope
- North Berkeley
- Orleans Cross Roads
- Redrock Crossing
- Shady Grove
- Sir Johns Run
- Sleepy Creek
- Smith Crossroads
- Spohrs Crossroads
- Stotlers Crossroads