... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM PDT Wednesday
for gusty winds and low humidity for Washington fire weather zone
* affected area... in Washington... fire zone 641 covering the
lower Columbia Basin and the Blue Mountain foothills of
* Timing... winds will diminish overnight and then increase again
on Wednesday with very low humidity and dry vegetation.
* Wind... southwest to west wind 10 to 20 mph with local gusts
to 30 mph during the evening hours.
* Humidity... 10 to 20 percent Wednesday.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northwest Blue Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 8:55 PM PDT Jul. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service