... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 10 PM this evening
to 11 am EST Monday...
* what... very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills from negative
5 to negative 15 degrees expected.
* Where... the District of Columbia, portions of central and
southern Maryland, and central and northern Virginia.
* When... from 10 PM this evening to 11 am EST Monday. The lowest
wind chills will occur Monday morning.
* Additional details... the cold wind chills could result in
hypothermia and frostbite if precautions are not taken.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frostbite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Rappahannock Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 12:47 PM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 12:32 PM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
* timing... through this evening.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 to 55 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
Nearby Radar Stations
- Ashbys Corner
- Buckners Corner
- Fletcher Mill
- Flint Hill
- Hackleys Crossroad
- Laurel Mills
- Massies Corner
- Peola Mills
- Revercombs Corner
- Rock Mills
- Shenandoah Homesteads Project
- Slate Mills
- Wakefield Manor