... Flood Warning extended until late tonight...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Shenandoah River at Millville.
* Until late tonight.
* At 3 am Monday the stage was 12.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity... the maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
3 am Monday was 12.8 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
late this evening.
* Impact... at 12.0 feet... water reaches the river access at wagon
trail place near Harpers Ferry, and completely covers the parking
lot of the lower boat ramp at Millville dam. Portions of the Cool
Spring Battlefield begin to flood.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 13.0 feet
on Sep 29 2018.
River flood observed 2pm 8pm 2am 8am crest
location stage stg day time Mon Mon Tue Tue stg day time
Millville 10.0 12.5 Mon 3 am 11.2 10.3 9.6 9.0
Lat... Lon 3897 7821 3905 7805 3935 7778 3932 7772
3914 7785 3895 7807 3892 7816
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Clarke Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:55 AM EST Dec. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Apple Glen
- Arcadia Farm
- Ashby Run
- Barker Land
- Blue Ridge Downs
- Care Free Acres
- Castlemans Ferry
- Dearmont Chase
- Fisher Hill
- Greenway Court
- Horse Shoe Curve
- Lockes Landing
- Longmarsh Acres
- Lost Corner
- Paris Heights
- Pine Acres
- Pine Grove
- River Park
- Rock Hall
- Shenandoah Retreat
- Spout Run
- Top Hill
- Trapp Hill
- Waterloo Heights
- White Post
- Willow Lake