... Flood Warning extended until this afternoon...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Shenandoah River at Millville.
* Until this afternoon.
* At 3 am Sunday the stage was 10.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity... the maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
3 am Sunday was 10.4 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
late this morning.
* Impact... at 10.0 feet... parts of Bloomery Road and John rissler
Road are flooded near Bloomery, West Virginia. Once these roads
flood, access to homes is impaired but the homes themselves are not
in any danger of flooding. Moulton park and the Millville boat
launch are also flooded.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 10.6 feet
on may 27 2017.
River flood observed 2pm 8pm 2am 8am crest
location stage stg day time sun sun Mon Mon stg day time
Millville 10.0 10.3 sun 3 am 9.9 9.7 9.2 8.8
Lat... Lon 3897 7821 3905 7805 3935 7778 3932 7772
3914 7785 3895 7807 3892 7816
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Clarke Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:16 AM EDT May. 20, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Apple Glen
- Arcadia Farm
- Ashby Run
- Barker Land
- Blue Ridge Downs
- Care Free Acres
- Castlemans Ferry
- Dearmont Chase
- Fisher Hill
- Greenway Court
- Horse Shoe Curve
- Lockes Landing
- Longmarsh Acres
- Lost Corner
- Paris Heights
- Pine Acres
- Pine Grove
- River Park
- Rock Hall
- Shenandoah Retreat
- Spout Run
- Top Hill
- Trapp Hill
- Waterloo Heights
- White Post
- Willow Lake