... High Wind Warning remains in effect from 6 PM this evening to
6 am CST Saturday...
* what... northwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph
* Where... Todd County, Mellette County and Tripp County.
* When... from 6 PM this evening to 6 am CST Saturday.
* Impacts... the high winds may blow down large trees and damage
roofs, small outbuildings, and signs. Power outages are
possible. Travel could be difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Strong winds can cause blowing dust, reduced
visibility, and flying debris.
* Additional details... some blowing snow may occur where loose
snow cover exists.
Persons outdoors should watch for flying or falling objects that
may injure you. If you are driving, be prepared for sudden wind
gusts that can cause you to lose control of your vehicle,
especially on open stretches, or as you approach the crest of
hills. Also be alert for debris or dust blowing across the Road.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Mellette Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Advisory
Issued: 6:48 AM CST Jan. 17, 2020 – National Weather Service