The Flood Warning continues for
the Congaree River at Congaree National Park-Gadsden.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8 PM Saturday the stage was 17.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 17.9 feet Monday
* At 18.0 feet... several homes in the Sandy Run subdivision along the
river become flooded. At 18 feet the river covers the Weston Lake
Overlook in the Congaree National Park. Between 18 and 18.5 feet
the river begins to cover sections of the elevated boardwalk.
* At 17.0 feet... the access Road to the Sandy Run subdivision becomes
flooded. The lower boardwalk in the Congaree National Park becomes
flooded by Cedar Creek.
* At 15.0 feet... flooding begins in the Congaree National Park.
Lat... Lon 3384 8090 3380 8083 3377 8085 3380 8091
904 PM EST Sat Feb 23 2019
The Flood Warning extended for
the Congaree River at Carolina Eastman.
* Until Thursday evening... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7 PM Saturday the stage was 121.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 115.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 122.7 feet by
early Monday morning. The river is then expected to fall below flood
stage by Wednesday night.
* At 119.0 feet... extensive flooding occurs in the Congaree National
Park. Some area farmland is flooded. Minor flooding occurs at the
Carolina Eastman facility.
* At 115.0 feet... flooding occurs in low lying areas of the Carolina
Eastman facility and at the Congaree National Park.
Lat... Lon 3396 8100 3387 8092 3379 8097 3394 8106
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Calhoun Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:04 PM EST Feb. 23, 2019 – National Weather Service