The Flood Warning continues for
the Congaree River at Congaree National Park-Gadsden.
* Until Thursday morning... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9 am Sunday the stage was 17.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will remain steady near 17.8 feet by
early this afternoon. The river is not expected to fall below
flood stage until Thursday morning.
* At 18.0 feet... several homes in the Sandy Run subdivision along the
river become flooded. At 18 feet the river covers the Weston Lake
Overlook in the Congaree National Park. Between 18 and 18.5 feet
the river begins to cover sections of the elevated boardwalk.
Lat... Lon 3384 8090 3380 8083 3377 8085 3380 8091
934 am EST sun Nov 18 2018
The Flood Warning extended for
the Congaree River at Carolina Eastman.
* Until Tuesday afternoon... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9 am Sunday the stage was 121.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 115.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall and is expected to go below
flood stage Tuesday afternoon.
* At 119.0 feet... extensive flooding occurs in the Congaree National
Park. Some area farmland is flooded. Minor flooding occurs at the
Carolina Eastman facility.
* At 115.0 feet... flooding occurs in low lying areas of the Carolina
Eastman facility and at the Congaree National Park.
Lat... Lon 3396 8100 3387 8092 3379 8097 3394 8106
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Calhoun Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:34 AM EST Nov. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service