The Flood Warning continues for
the Humboldt River at Comus.
* Until further notice.
* At 2:15 am Monday the stage was 10.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.5 feet.
* Minor to moderate flooding is occurring.
* Forecast... the river will remain near 10.5 feet at Comus, which
is the transition level from minor to moderate flood stage.
* Impact... at 10.5 feet... moderate lowland flooding throughout reach,
with some rural roads flooded. Minor flooding in lower parts of
Winnemucca with sewer backups, main area impacted is between Union
Pacific Railroad and second street beneath I-80.
Lat... Lon 4103 11702 4070 11705 4090 11762 4087 11800 4118 11795
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Humboldt County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:35 AM PDT Apr. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 8:24 AM PDT Apr. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a Wind Advisory...
which is in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening.
* Winds... westerly winds 25 to 35 mph gusting 45 to 50 mph.
Stronger localized gusts of over 60 mph possible at times.
* Timing... the strongest winds will be in the afternoon to early evening
* Impacts... loose or lightweight objects will be blown around or
away. Strong winds will make driving inconvenient for most
vehicles and difficult to hazardous for high profile vehicles
such as trailers, campers, and vans.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph with gusts
in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make
driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use
- Denio Junction
- Gouge Eye
- Happy Creek Station
- Klauman Seeding
- Paradise Hill
- Paradise Valley
- Quinn River Crossing
- Red House
- Rose Creek
- The Fairbanks