... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
* locations... the foothills and northwest Piedmont of western
North Carolina, as well as the foothills and northern Piedmont
of South Carolina, including the Greenville-Spartanburg area.
* Hazards... very windy conditions.
* Timing... strong west to northwest winds will diminish early
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Impacts... gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. A few
trees and tree limbs could be blown down and isolated to
scattered power outages may result.
A Wind Advisory means that gusty winds can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern McDowell Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:47 PM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service