... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 am EST
* what... refreezing of melted snow and ice tonight will create
very hazardous travel conditions through mid morning Tuesday.
* Where... portions of central North Carolina.
* When... until 9 am EST Tuesday.
* Additional details... dangerous travel conditions will linger
through Tuesday morning. Road and sidewalk ice are likely to
develop with clearing skies late tonight, in addition to the
residual snow and ice on the ground and secondary roads.
* Temperatures will remain nearly steady in the 30s today, then
fall into the 20s tonight.
A Winter Weather Advisory for black ice means that icy roads from
snowmelt will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery roads
through Tuesday morning, so use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions for North Carolina can be found online
For more information from the National Weather Service, visit
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Stanly Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:52 PM EST Dec. 10, 2018 – National Weather Service
- Anderson Heights (Albemarle)
- Bethney Heights
- Big Lick
- Cedar Knolls
- Cedar Village
- Centurion Park
- Clover Fork Acres
- Eastwood Park (Albemarle)
- Forest Drive
- Frog Pond
- Greenwood Park
- Halls Ferry Junction
- Loftin Farms
- New London
- North Springhaven
- Norwood Beach
- Pauls Crossing
- Red Cross
- River Haven
- Saint Martin
- Windsor Hills