... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 2 PM EDT this
* locations... the Southwest Mountains of western North Carolina,
and Rabun County in northeast Georgia, especially along the
* Hazards... very windy conditions.
* Timing... the strongest wind gusts will occur this morning
through early this afternoon.
* Winds... south 15 to 25 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph at times.
The strongest gusts will likely occur along the higher ridges,
but heavy rain showers could bring strong wind gusts down into
the Lower Mountain valleys as well.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph or greater are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Macon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:40 AM EDT Oct. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
- Addington Mill
- Berry Mill
- Burnett Fields
- Cozads Mill
- Deans Mill
- East Franklin
- Malonee Mill
- McClure Mill
- McDonald Mill
- Mountain Grove
- Parrish Gap
- Rainbow Springs
- Scaly Mountain
- Slickrock Ford
- Watkins Mill
- Wayah Depot