... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST Monday...
* what... very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as
10 below zero expected.
* Where... Caldwell mountains, Burke mountains, McDowell
Mountains, Buncombe and northern Jackson counties.
* When... until 10 am EST Monday.
* Additional details... the cold wind chills could result in
hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frostbite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Jackson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 2:37 PM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 2:47 PM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EST Monday...
* locations... portions of the southern and central mountains of
North Carolina, including the high elevations of the Great Smoky
Mountains, the balsams, and Madison County. The mountains of
northeast Georgia and South Carolina.
* Hazards... very windy conditions.
* Timing... strong northwest winds will begin to diminish this
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Isolated to scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts of 46 to 57 mph are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.