... Frost advisory in effect from 2 am to 9 am EDT Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a frost advisory, which is in effect from 2 am to 9 am EDT
* Locations... the mountains of western North Carolina, plus the
northern foothills counties of Caldwell, Burke and McDowell.
* Temperatures... lows in the mid to upper 30s.
* Winds... light and variable overall, but calm in some spots.
* Impacts... frost may damage sensitive vegetation, such as
flowering plants or Summer vegetables. It may be necessary to
cover these plants to protect them from the cold.
A frost advisory means that widespread frost is expected.
Sensitive outdoor plants may be killed if left uncovered.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Yancey Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:35 AM EDT Oct. 17, 2017 – National Weather Service
- Bald Creek
- Bald Mountain
- Bee Log
- Blue Rock
- Bowlens Creek
- Cane River
- Cattail Creek Community
- Day Book
- Double Island
- Elk Shoal
- Green Mountain
- Hawk Branch
- Lost Cove
- Low Gap
- Mount Mitchell (Burnsville)
- Paint Gap
- Price Creek
- Whiteoak Flats