... Wind Advisory in effect from 7 PM this evening to 6 am EST
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 7 PM this evening to 6 am EST
* Locations... Mercer,Tazewell, Smyth, Grayson, Ashe and Watauga
* Hazards... strong gusty west winds.
* Winds... .west 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... this evening into Tuesday morning.
* Impacts... these winds may down small trees or tree limbs... as
well as power lines. Loose outdoor objects should be secured.
Winds this strong can make travel difficult, especially for high
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Ashe Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:24 PM EST Jan. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Apple Grove
- Glendale Springs
- Grassy Creek
- Green Valley
- Listening Rock
- Mill Creek
- Nathans Creek
- Ore Knob
- Shatley Springs
- Weavers Ford
- West Jefferson