... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 9 am to 9 PM
* what... snow expected, possibly mixed with a little freezing
drizzle. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches and ice
accumulations of a light glaze are expected.
* Where... portions of east central and southeast South Dakota,
northwest Iowa and southwest Minnesota.
* When... from 9 am to 9 PM CST Saturday.
* Additional details... plan on slippery Road conditions. Be
prepared for reduced visibilities at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
driving. The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling
from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Sioux Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 9:17 PM CST Feb. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service
Dense Fog Advisory
Issued: 10:16 PM CST Feb. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 6 am CST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Sioux Falls has issued a dense
fog advisory, which is in effect until 6 am CST Saturday.
* Visibility... visibilities will be reduced to a quarter mile or
less at times through daybreak.
* Impacts... in addition to the dense fog reducing visibilities,
fog forming on relatively cold surfaces can make roads and
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.