The National Weather Service in Des Moines has extended the
* Flood Warning for...
southern Emmet County in northwestern Iowa...
southern Worth County in north central Iowa...
Kossuth County in north central Iowa...
Hancock County in north central Iowa...
Cerro Gordo County in north central Iowa...
southern Winnebago County in north central Iowa...
Palo Alto County in northwestern Iowa...
* until 845 am CDT Saturday.
* At 712 am CDT, local law enforcement has reported flooding across
portions of the warned area. Some roads have water over them and
have been closed in rural areas of Kossuth and Hancock counties.
Heavy rainfall over the past 12 to 36 hours has resulted in rises
on creeks and streams and overland flooding across portions of
north central Iowa. Please find an alternate Route if you
encounter water over the Road.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Mason City, Algona, Forest City, Emmetsburg, Garner, Britt, Manly,
Swan Lake, Five Island Lake, Ingham Lake, Union slogh, High Lake,
Clear Lake, Lost Island Lake, Eagle Lake, Mason City Municipal
Airport, Silver Lake, Rush Lake, Graettinger and West Bend.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall has caused flooding of small
creeks and streams, country roads, farmland, and other low lying
Lat... Lon 4318 9303 4291 9349 4291 9491 4337 9491
436 am CDT Fri Sep 21 2018
... Flood Warning remains in effect until late Saturday evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Winnebago River at Mason City, or from Beaver Creek near
Fertile... to the Shell Rock river near Rockford.
* Until late Saturday evening.
* At 3:30 am Friday the stage was 12.2 feet, or 2.2 feet above flood
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and is forecast to continue.
* Forecast... continue falling and go below flood stage late Saturday
* Impact... at 12.0 feet, widespread flooding occurs along the river.
Some backwater effects are possible along Willow Creek between
downtown Mason City and the confluence with the Winnebago River.
Lat... Lon 4329 9328 4314 9302 4301 9302 4328 9350
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Worth Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 7:15 AM CDT Sep. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service