... Flood Warning extended until late Wednesday night... the Flood
Warning continues for
the Big Creek near Alpharetta.
* Until late Wednesday night.
* At 9 am Tuesday the stage was 8.9 feet... and rising.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast to continue.
* Flood stage is 7 feet.
* The river will continue rising to near 9.0 feet by this afternoon.
The river will fall below flood stage tomorrow evening.
* At 9 feet... minor flooding expands along the creek from near
Cumming to Alpharetta and Roswell. Backyards of homes off Seale
drive and Gunter court and portions of the Golf of Georgia begin to
flood. The Big Creek Greenway experiences significant flooding up
to 3 feet deep... which results in closure of most of the paths.
This especially occurs upstream and downstream from the gage on
Kimball bridge Road and Rock Mill park. A large portion of the YMCA
campground off Preston Ridge Road will be under a foot of water.
Lat... Lon 3410 8425 3410 8420 3404 8425 3402 8430
3404 8433 3407 8427
1007 am EDT Tue Apr 24 2018
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Big Creek near Cumming.
* From this morning until this afternoon.
* At 9 am Tuesday the stage was 6 feet... and rising.
* Flood stage is 6 feet.
* The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by the afternoon.
* At 6 feet... flood stage is reached. Minor flooding will expand
into the natural flood plain of the creek upstream and downstream
from the gage at Atlanta Highway or Georgia Highway 9. Large
portions of the sidewalk and boardwalk of the Big Creek Greenway
will begin to flood. The areas under the Georgia 400 Highway and
McFarland Road will be covered with around one foot of water. A
portion of the sidewalk under majors Road will be covered with
around two feet of water.
Lat... Lon 3418 8424 3417 8420 3411 8419 3410 8420
3410 8425 3411 8424
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Forsyth Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:47 AM EDT Apr. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service