... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday evening through
Tuesday afternoon for dry north winds and low humidity for the
North Bay hills above 1000 feet...
The National Weather Service in San Francisco has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect from Sunday evening through
* Affected area... fire weather zone 507 which is the North Bay
mountains above 1000 feet. The strongest winds are forecast to
occur over eastern Napa County along the Yolo and Lake County
lines. Extreme northeast Sonoma County near Mt Saint Helena will
be prone to strong winds as well as Mt tamalpais in Marin County.
* Wind... north to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35
mph. Strongest winds in the pre-dawn hours of Monday and then
again Monday night into Tuesday morning.
* Humidity... night time recovery 20-30% or less with daytime
* highest threat... is located over the higher terrain of Napa
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
North Bay Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 9:35 AM PDT Sep. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service