... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
... High wind watch remains in effect from Thursday morning
through Thursday evening...
* winds: south 25 to 30 with gusts to 45 mph through today, then
south winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 55 mph possible
* Timing: winds will reach a peak this afternoon. After a brief
break, stronger and more widespread winds are possible Thursday
afternoon and evening.
* Locations in the advisory and watch include: parts of Shasta
Valley including Weed, Weed Airport, Gazelle, Montague
Airport, and Interstate 5 south of Grenada.
* Impacts: travel will be difficult for lightweight and high
profile vehicles. Loose outdoor objects or materials could get
blown about. Some tree damage is possible.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch
Issued: 3:55 AM PST Nov. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service