... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 2 am PST /3 am MST/ to
6 PM PST /7 PM MST/ Thursday...
* timing... winds will increase with and behind a cold front
after 2 am Thursday and continue through the afternoon.
* Winds... north 25 to 35 mph with gusts 40 to 55 mph.
* Impacts... strong cross winds will make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Strong winds over the open waters will make the lake water
choppy and hazardous... and may result in high waves which
could tip or swamp smaller craft.
Drivers should use caution and be prepared for sudden wind gusts.
Take action to secure trash cans... lawn furniture... and other
loose or lightweight outdoor objects. Boaters should avoid the
open waters and stay close to shore or around protected areas.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lake Havasu and Fort Mohave Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:53 PM MST Dec. 13, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:59 PM MST Dec. 13, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning in effect from 8 am PST /9 am MST/ to 6 PM
PST /7 PM MST/ Thursday for strong north winds and low relative
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from 8 am PST /9 am MST/ to 6 PM PST
/7 PM MST/ Thursday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in
* Affected area... in Arizona... fire weather zone 101.In
California... fire weather zone 229.In Nevada... fire weather
* Timing... winds will increase Thursday morning, peak in the
latemorning and early afternoon before decreasing by evening
* Wind... north 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.