The Flood Warning continues for
the Black River at Black Rock.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:00 am Monday the stage was 20.2 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river has crested near 20.2 feet and has begun
falling. The river will fall to near 18.8 feet by Wednesday morning.
Additional rainfall is expected later this week. Please monitor
latest forecasts for any updates.
* Impacts at 20.0 feet... agricultural land is flooding along both
banks of the river in Lawrence, Independence, and Jackson counties.
Minor flooding in Powhatan community and courthouse State Park.
Fld observed forecast 6 am
location stg stg day time Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
Black Rock 14 20.2 Mon 10 am 19.8 18.8 17.7 16.4 15.4
Lat... Lon 3570 9140 3591 9125 3612 9115 3610 9101
3588 9110 3564 9128
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lawrence Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:34 AM CDT Apr. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Aa Junction
- Arbor Grove
- Black Rock
- Clover Bend
- College City
- Old Martin Mill Place
- Strangers Home
- Walnut Ridge