The Flood Warning continues for
the Black River at Black Rock.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:00 PM Saturday the stage was 16.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 17.7 feet by
* Impacts at 17.0 feet... low lying cultivated land and pastures in
Lawrence, Jackson, and Independence counties flood.
Fld observed forecast 6 am
location stg stg day time sun Mon Tue Wed Thu
Black Rock 14 16.5 Sat 07 PM 16.7 17.4 17.6 17.0 16.5
Lat... Lon 3570 9140 3591 9125 3612 9115 3610 9101
3588 9110 3564 9128
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lawrence Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 7:44 PM CDT May. 27, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 5:43 AM CDT May. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory in effect until 9 am CDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Memphis has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect until 9 am CDT this morning.
* Winds... southerly winds between 20 and 30 mph, with gusts up to
* Timing... through mid morning.
* Impacts... strong winds will make travel difficult on east/west
highways. In addition, a few trees may be downed along with
additional scattered power outages.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 25 to 39 mph are
expected... or gusts will range between 40 and 57 mph. Winds this
strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution.